Not one to let an interesting meme die, here’s my part. I’m normally not a fan of chain mail. But when a topic is good, and I can follow the chain back to different blogs and discover a few new artists, I’ll contribute too. Credit/blame Veerle for passing it on to me.
Total volume of music on my computer:
11.2 GB (2,331 songs, 6.1 days of music) Not much compared to some friends. A mixture of music ripped from CDs, passed from friends, downloaded from artist sites, bought from iTunes. I’m sure there’s a few that snuck in from the old Napster.
The last CD I bought:
Guero by Beck
Beck hasn’t disappointed yet.
Song playing right now:
Nothing yet. Too early in the morning. Neighbors still sleeping. And I’m not in the office yet. Maybe a rotation of Eels and The Killers. Or maybe Elliot Smith. Or the strumming of Django Reinhardt. So pick something from those, and you might have what’s playing for me in an hour or so.
Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
Sorted the library by highest play count and picked a few from that.
- Nothing Better, The Postal Service
- Spitting Games, Snow Patrol
- War on Drugs, Barenaked Ladies
- Give Me Novacaine, Green Day
- As the Rush Comes, Motorcycle
Five people to whom I’m passing the baton:
Not sure what these five think of things like this, but I haven’t seen their names yet, and I’m curious.
- Matt Haughey, because I want to know what a new dad and his daughter listens to
- Jeff Veen, because I want to see if he’ll actually do this and pass it on.
- Jason Kottke, because he’s on a roll with 50 things to do with your iPod, and let’s face it, the man simply doesn’t blog often enough.
- Merlin Mann, because he’s got tons of music, and he’s good at creating lists of 5 things.
- Jason Klein, because he’s funny, usually has good taste in music, and needs more posts on his blog.